We understand that call quality is a primary factor in delivering a great cold calling experience.
Since the Amplemarket Dialer operates via Voice over IP (VoIP), it relies on the internet to establish a connection to the telephone network. This means there are specific network requirements to ensure a strong connection while placing calls and avoid overall poor quality.
Improve your network bandwidth
If you are experiencing lag, freezing, or any other quality issues you can take a few immediate steps to troubleshoot.
- Always prefer a wired connection. If you are able to, consider plugging your laptop into the router with an Ethernet cable. This direct connection will provide the highest speed based on your router and your Internet Service Provider limits. Wireless connections tend to have lower speed and bandwidth, especially if they have multiple devices connected to the access point and the distance between the devices.
- Reduce the number of smart devices when working. Especially any online gaming and video streaming websites or platforms. This extra network traffic will cause slowness.
- Unplug the power cord to your router and the modem (if it's a separate device). Wait two minutes, then reconnect the power.
Turn off the SIP-ALG
If you continue experiencing dropped calls or poor audio quality after following the best practices detailed above, this might be due to SIP-ALG. SIP-ALG is a feature found in some routers. While this feature was designed to help VoIP, it more often harms your connection. If your router has SIP-ALG you should disable it to improve call quality.
Here are some general steps you can follow to disable SIP-ALG on your router:
- Connect to your router's web interface:
- Open a web browser and enter the router's IP address in the address bar. The default IP address is usually printed on the router itself or in the documentation that came with it.
- Enter your login credentials when prompted. If you have never changed these, the default username and password are usually "admin" and "password", respectively.
- Locate the SIP-ALG setting:
- Once you are logged in to the router's web interface, look for a menu or tab that contains settings related to SIP, VoIP, or NAT (Network Address Translation). The exact location of the SIP-ALG setting will vary depending on your router model.
- Disable SIP-ALG:
- Once you have located the SIP-ALG setting, change it to "disabled" or "off". The exact steps for doing this will also vary depending on your router model.
- Save the changes:
- After you have disabled SIP-ALG, be sure to save the changes and apply them to the router. The exact steps for doing this will depend on your router model.
(More advanced corporate firewalls may require further adjustment, such as port forwarding)
Do not use a VPN
If you are unable to make calls, or are experiencing poor audio quality it can also be related to the use of a VPN (Virtual Private Networks).
If you are using a VPN, then your call connectivity will have a greater distance to travel. Additionally, using a VPN may also cause issues when determining your nearest media server used to connect your calls, resulting in greater latency. To resolve this, consider bypassing the VPN for all Amplemarket related connections.
Please sign in to leave a comment.