By default, Amplemarket uses a shared tracking pixel to track all email opens. In order to optimize email deliverability you should setup a your own custom tracking pixel (instead of using a shared one).
Our data shows that you should use a subdomain that is associated with your main email domain to avoid spam filters and optimize email deliverability. For example:
Main domain - amplemarket.com
Subdomain for tracking - t.amplemarket.com
How to set up a tracking domain and why you should do it
Here is a step by step guide on how to set it up:
Step 1. Create a sub-domain and set up an A DNS record
- The person that manages your domain settings should first create an A record in the DNS settings of the domain. Send them this guide so they can set it up in under 5min!
- The process of editing DNS records is different depending on your DNS provider however here is what you should fill in the correct fields:
- DNS Record Type: A
- Points To / Value / Data / Content: 220.127.116.11
- TTL: No need to edit this
- Host / Host Name / Name: can set it to t (more detailed note bellow)
- The hostname field must contain text only. This text will be the subdomain used for tracking (i.e. it will be peach if you want the tracking subdomain to be peach.your-domain.com). In this case “t” will be used as t.amplemarket.com.
Note - do not mention amplemarket in this field (not "amplemarket.yourdomain.com")
- The “Points To” field is the address of our server that registers opens.
- The TTL field defines how many times your subdomain will be refreshed. No need to modify anything here.
- Note - If you need any specific instructions on how to set up the A record on your domain provider you should look for “A” in the help section they provide.
Add the custom domain in the Account Settings
- Go to your account settings page - click here https://amplemarket.com/dashboard/settings.
- Scroll down until you find the "Custom Domain Tracking" section.
- Add your brand new custom domain to this section (in this example it would be
track.acme.com) and then
- Hit Save, to save the settings.
We'll do a check of your DNS records and see if everything looks good. If it doesn't work right away, please note that it can take up to 72 hours before these changes are fully propagated.
If you'd like to test your new custom tracking domain you can click the "Test Custom Domain" link in the Account Settings page, if it's working correctly you should see a green notification saying "Your custom tracking domain is setup correctly".