Most companies set up separate domain for sales purposes because sales representatives tend to have aggressive outreach approaches that are likely to get their emails market as spam.
The main advantage of setting up a new domain for sales purposes is to protect the deliverability and overall health of your main company domain.
Here are some considerations you should take into account when thinking about setting up a different domain:
Advantages of starting a new domain:
- Safety of your main domain
- Clear separation between sales and usual business
Advantages of using the same domain:
- Easy recognition of product & services
- Already set up and warm to start outreach
Drawbacks of starting a new domain:
- Time required to warm it and start sending emails
- Set up time, costs and complications
- Volume thresholds
Drawbacks of using the same domain:
- You can hurt the deliverability of your main company domain
If you decide to setup a new domain please follow the How to warm up your domain guide in order to avoid SPAM filters.
NOTE: If you follow our Email Best Practices guides you will write highly personalized emails that will not sound automated in order to avoid being marked as SPAM.