Most companies set up separate domains for sales purposes in order to make sure your email lands in the right folder for your prospect
The main advantage of setting up new domains for sales purposes is to protect the deliverability and overall health of your main company domain. In addition, adding domains allows you to create additional mailboxes, which effectively results in more email output per day.
Ideally you want to separate domain email activity based on the function. Here are a few more examples:
- You should use a specific domain for marketing purposes. Marketing emails can badly affect domain reputation and they will impair the deliverability of all of all users using that domain.
- We recommend that your sales team uses a minimum of 2 domains. Having multiple domains will allow you to avoid spikes of email activity which will contribute to better deliverability and higher open rates. Multiple domains also act as “deliverability insurance”, if the sales team has a deliverability problem with one domain they can pause activity on that domain and switch it to a different one without ever facing quota attainment problems.
This is purely to avoid an unhealthy outreach domain from preventing your sales team from having successful emails to their opportunities.
How do I set a new domain? It’s fairly easy to do, just follow these steps:
- Consider what that domain should be. This domain should:
- Be a .com email
- The recognition and trust around a .com is second to none. Many tech companies utilize others (i.e. .io) but we recommend .com
- Be short and simple, append/prepend words like “get”, “app” to your main domain (i.e. getamplemarket.com vs. amplemarketoutboundsalestool.com)
- Be an alias domain (or parked domain)
- This is just a complex way of saying a new url that redirects to your primary website
- Important to note that this alias should not be attached to your existing G-Suite for your primary, or similar effects as a subdomain occur (due to shared IP)
- Not be a subdomain from your current (i.e. blog.amplemarket.com)
- This is too attached to your current domain and thus affects primary domain’s health directly
- Be similar to your current domain (i.e. ample-market.com vs. amplemarket.com)
- This is for branding so your emails do not seem to come from a third party
- Be a .com email
- Verify this domain is available and not owned by someone else. We love using https://domains.google/.
- If available, you can even purchase your shiny new domain right through google which makes setting up G-Suite easier!
- If you use Microsoft and not Google, we recommend using https://www.godaddy.com/domains/domain-name-search which will also facilitate setting up Microsoft 365.
- Most every domain hosting website will give you instructions on how to redirect your domain if it was purchased from that particular website. You can find more information on redirecting GoDaddy domains here and Google domains here.
- Configure Domain
- Warm up your new domain email
- Add to amplemarket
Please note that during the trial period of your new Microsoft 365 mailboxes, the IP reputation might be kept low which can lead to emails bouncing.
You can contact outlook support to request an exception for the low reputation IP address until you’re able to purchase licences.
Please sign in to leave a comment.