In order to improve the performance of your email campaigns, it is important to be data-driven. When you are sending email campaigns be proactive and run A/B tests constantly, there is always something new to be tested.
First of all, you need to define what you are going to test. Some variables you can easily test on amplemarket are:
- Subject line
- Body of the email
- Value proposition
- Examples of clients
- Customer Profile
For true A/B testing you should work with each of the variables individually.
Your Open rate can be tracked by keeping the email body exactly the same and iterating only on the subject line of the email.
Your Reply rate can be tracked by keeping the email body exactly the same and iterating only on one variable.
How to set up your A/B test
- First things first, create the template that will work as your control group to sequence templates
- Make a copy of the template and change the variable you'll be testing
- Add leads from the same profile in equal parts to both templates
- Let the campaign run its course and measure the results
- You can delete the worst-performing campaign & move on to your next A/B test.